Monday, January 10, 2011

[1] The Book Thief

By Markus Zusak

I know, I know.

Every book I read ends up being my favorite. This book is no exception. Set during the time of the Holocaust, this story is narrated by Death and is about a young German girl named Liesel and her life before, during and after her foster parents hide a Jew in their basement.

The narration gave so much to the story; and obviously I don't want to ruin the ending but I'll just say, I was in tears by the end. Each chapter is only a few pages long which doesn't help when you always tell yourself, "Okay, one more chapter," over and over before you go to bed.

This is one of those reads I'm proud to have on my bookshelf. You know, unlike Pretty Little Liars.

Beautifully written. I loved it.

Next up: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

No comments:

Post a Comment